Education in Technology field
The course in educational technology will focus on the subjects like psychology, computer science, pedagogy etc. Students should complete their internships along with the theoretical knowledge that may increase their job opportunities. Most of the student applying to master’s degree in educational technology come from engineering, liberal arts, and communication background. In the entire course, you will learn about topics such as statistics and integration of educational technology. An applicant who is applying for master’s degree will need a bachelor’s degree in any field.
Technology programs in education with doctoral degree will help students to get prepared for academics and research fields. There are many best online colleges in Indiana if you are looking for doctoral degree. Candidates should apply in their last year of the graduate degree for Ph.D. students are also required to submit all their documents and scorecard of graduation.
Studying master’s degree mostly covers important topics such as statistics, instructive development, and student assessment. Here you will learn theories and various techniques of teaching with a new form of technology such as hypermedia and use of social networks. This might also include law and psychology. If you are looking for online master degree then you can visit thecollegemonk website. Here are some of the subjects that you will find during the course in educational technology.
- Integration of educational technology
- Network management design
- Applied statistics
- Distributed learnings
- Curricula and technology
A doctoral degree is the highest level of education for any program and course. Here you will earn credentials and will teach you about theories and techniques for teaching and work across the world. The course will generally discuss the purpose of education in modern technology like a virtual conference, text, message etc. some of the other topics include:
- Internet usage in classrooms
- Primary education with the use of technology
- Student assessment technology
- Instructional development
- Distance education course in designing
Freshers with master’s degree in educational technology mostly find jobs in schools and training organizations. Some of the other career options are:
- Corporate trainer: A corporate trainer is a teacher or educator who works in a business situation and passes on information or aptitudes to a group of employees. The corporate trainer might be hired full-time by a large organization to prepare new workers and aid the change to new business frameworks.
- Teacher: Teachers make lesson designs and educate those plans to the whole class, separately to students or in small groups, track student progress and present the data to guardians, make tests, make and strengthen classroom rules, work with school organization prepare students for state-sanctioned tests, and manage students outside the classroom.
- Education software designer: Education software designers help developers to design software and applications related to educations. They help in testing the programs and doing research for the betterment of education with technology.
- Online instructor: Educators or tutors who utilize the Internet to teach courses “at a distance” are referred to as online teachers or instructors. Web-based teachings jobs are additionally open to mentors or counselors who answer questions and provide emotional encouragement for online students.
- Educational technology coordinator: The Educational Technology Coordinator works at a particular school coordinating Education Technology and online training and advancement activities in efforts to enhance the general viability of personnel teaching through technology usage. The occupant will be skilled at showing how teaching and learning can be supplemented with this new technology, for example, WebCT and other learning administration frameworks, Interactive Whiteboards and Tablet PCs, Study Mate, Responds, and Hot Potatoes. Equipped with extraordinary communication abilities, the Educational Technology Coordinator cooperates with partners at all levels of the association, including students, and may likewise give supervision over the Educational Technology group.
The average annual salary of an employee is around $64,870 whereas education administrator earns around $92,940 in a year. Recently BLS reported that instructional coordinator positions are expected to grow 7% from 2014-2024, which is an average outlook compared to other occupations.